More in Thomson...
- Q&A: Thomson Airways - Montego woes
- Q&A: Thomson Airways - London to Dalaman
- Q&A: Thomson Airways - Telephone waiting times
- Q&A: Thomson Airways - Exit row vs last row (Birmingham to Jamaica)
- Q&A: Thomson Airways - Birmingham to Sharm El Sheikh
- Q&A: Thomson Airways - Gatwick to Barbados
- Q&A: Thomson Airways - Special assistance
- Q&A: Thomson Airways - Manchester to Antalya
- Q&A: Thomson Airways - Gatwick to Mombasa II
- Q&A: Thomson Airways - Manchester to Sal (Cape Verde)
Q&A: Thomson Airways - Gatwick to Mombasa
Published: 08/12/2010 RSS
I am flying out to Mombasa on Friday 14th Jan at 19.50 and have pre booked 2 seats 31a and 31b I am slightly concerned as when I looked at your on line seating plan clearly this row is not visible but I was able to book it on my booking ref on line. Please assure me that this row exists and that the seats are not over a wing, can recline and are not too noisy.
Thanks for getting in touch.
First Choice is now part of Thomson, both its travel agencies (which have retained their name) and its fleet of aircraft (which have been absorbed into Thomson Airways).
There are three different configurations of B767-300ER that serve Kenya from Gatwick, and it's hard to say exactly which one you'll be on. However, row 31 only exists on two of them so this narrows it down a little. You perhaps were looking at the third configuration, which does not have a row 31.
The remaining two seatplans can be found by following the links below. Judging from them, you'll be quite far away from the toilets so no queues of people to bother you. As for noise, you would probably be better towards the back of the aircraft (normally quieter save for the toilet queue and cabin crew in the aft kitchen). It would appear that row 31 is not above a wing and no-where near a bulkhead or toilet meaning recline shouldn't be a problem.
Please do let us know how you get on by coming back and leaving a review of your flight, you may win a prize!