More in News
- Eva Air and Singapore Airlines start codeshare
- KLM adds ultra-slim seats on Cityhopper fleet
- Air Canada orders 109 B737 Max aircraft
- BA increases Gold Executive Club benefits
- Lufthansa to launch premium economy next November
- Marriott to open its third Washington hotel
- Air France to add Tokyo Haneda route
- London's Balthazar launches private room
- Virgin to add fifth weekly flight to Vancouver
- BA to fly A380 to Washington
Wow Air acquires Iceland Express
Icelandic low-cost carrier Wow Air has taken control of rival airline Iceland Express.
Following the takeover, all Iceland Express services will operate under Wow branding.
Wow Air president Skúli Mogensen said: "We are extremely happy with the acquisition and offer Iceland Express passengers a warm welcome aboard. Iceland Express has been a pioneering low-fares airline in Iceland and was the country's most punctual airline this summer.
“We will immediately be able to greatly increase our frequency to and from London and Copenhagen, and also provide more capacity and new destinations next summer."
From next spring Wow Air will operate four Airbus A320 aircraft from its Reykjavik base on a summer timetable that will include 15 European destinations: Alicante, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, London, Lyon, Milan, Paris, Stuttgart, Vilnius, Warsaw, and Zurich.
Wow Air says that no disruption is expected for passengers currently booked on Iceland Express flights.
For more information visit wowair.com.
Report by Scott Carey