More in News
- Four new European routes at Cambridge airport
- Little Red’s transfer traffic disappoints
- Jetstar gears up for B787 launch
- Gatwick Express ‘veers towards Third World conditions’
- London Syon Park no longer a Waldorf Astoria hotel
- Ryanair reveals annual profits of £482 million
- City guides
- British Airways A380: What you need to know
- Win luxury hotel stays with Business Traveller
- JetBlue and Emirates agree codeshare expansion
Wow Air acquires Iceland Express
Icelandic low-cost carrier Wow Air has taken control of rival airline Iceland Express.
Following the takeover, all Iceland Express services will operate under Wow branding.
Wow Air president Skúli Mogensen said: "We are extremely happy with the acquisition and offer Iceland Express passengers a warm welcome aboard. Iceland Express has been a pioneering low-fares airline in Iceland and was the country's most punctual airline this summer.
“We will immediately be able to greatly increase our frequency to and from London and Copenhagen, and also provide more capacity and new destinations next summer."
From next spring Wow Air will operate four Airbus A320 aircraft from its Reykjavik base on a summer timetable that will include 15 European destinations: Alicante, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, London, Lyon, Milan, Paris, Stuttgart, Vilnius, Warsaw, and Zurich.
Wow Air says that no disruption is expected for passengers currently booked on Iceland Express flights.
For more information visit wowair.com.
Report by Scott Carey