More in News
- Restaurant check: Oblix
- Ascott to open first Saudi property
- Air France and Cyprus Airways enhance partnership
- Jet Airways plans Amsterdam switch
- Qantas extends Select on Q-Eat services
- Four new European routes at Cambridge airport
- Little Red’s transfer traffic disappoints
- Jetstar gears up for B787 launch
- Gatwick Express ‘veers towards Third World conditions’
- London Syon Park no longer a Waldorf Astoria hotel
Vueling to launch Gatwick-Barcelona route
Spanish low-cost carrier Vueling is to launch a twice-daily route between London Gatwick and Barcelona at the end of March next year.
The airline will offer morning and evening departures from both cities, joining Monarch Airlines and Easyjet on the Gatwick-Barcelona route.
Easyjet also flies to Barcelona from Luton airport, while BA flies from Heathrow and London City, and Ryanair operates from Stansted.
Vueling has also announced a new ‘Excellence’ class, offering “differentiated cabin seats, access to VIP lounges, priority boarding, ergonomic head rests, snacks and refreshments on board, total flexibility of changes and extra loyalty points”.
It’s not clear if this new class is in addition to, or replacing the carrier’s Duo seat offering which was launched last year (see online news October 20, 2011).
For more information visit vueling.com.
Report by Mark Caswell