More in News
- Air Canada orders 109 B737 Max aircraft
- BA increases Gold Executive Club benefits
- Lufthansa to launch premium economy next November
- Marriott to open its third Washington hotel
- Air France to add Tokyo Haneda route
- London's Balthazar launches private room
- Virgin to add fifth weekly flight to Vancouver
- BA to fly A380 to Washington
- Hotel check: Edition, London
- Qatar to launch Larnaca route
Vueling to launch Gatwick-Barcelona route
Spanish low-cost carrier Vueling is to launch a twice-daily route between London Gatwick and Barcelona at the end of March next year.
The airline will offer morning and evening departures from both cities, joining Monarch Airlines and Easyjet on the Gatwick-Barcelona route.
Easyjet also flies to Barcelona from Luton airport, while BA flies from Heathrow and London City, and Ryanair operates from Stansted.
Vueling has also announced a new ‘Excellence’ class, offering “differentiated cabin seats, access to VIP lounges, priority boarding, ergonomic head rests, snacks and refreshments on board, total flexibility of changes and extra loyalty points”.
It’s not clear if this new class is in addition to, or replacing the carrier’s Duo seat offering which was launched last year (see online news October 20, 2011).
For more information visit vueling.com.
Report by Mark Caswell