More in News
- Qatar to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Aer Lingus to launch Shannon-Bristol route
- BA adds flights to Cape Town route
- Firmdale to open new London hotel in May
- Rosewood confirms Hotel de Crillon takeover
- Cityhopper 'to take over KLM's European network'
- ANZ relaunches app with online check-in
- Easyjet launches Chinese website
- Eastern Airways adds third French domestic route
- Marriott expands mobile check-in service
The big picture: United's Dreamliner exits paint hangar
United’s first B787 Dreamliner rolled out of the paint hangar at Boeing’s Everett facility in Washington early this morning, revealing the carrier’s new livery, complete with its golden ‘swoop’ (see online news July 10).
The event was broadcast live online at unitedhub.com, with a pre-show featuring United’s signature theme, George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue.
Business Traveller captured the images below during the event.
United is scheduled to take delivery of its first Dreamliner in September, before putting it into service on as-yet-undisclosed routes this autumn.
The carrier has confirmed its new route between Denver and Tokyo will be served with the B787 when it launches in spring 2013.
United's first Dreamliner aircraft will be configured with 36 seats in United BusinessFirst, 72 seats in Economy Plus and 111 seats in economy. The carrier has recently installed a full-flight simulator at its Houston hub and is training pilots to operate the aircraft.