More in News
- BA increases Gold Executive Club benefits
- Lufthansa to launch premium economy next November
- Marriott to open its third Washington hotel
- Air France to add Tokyo Haneda route
- London's Balthazar launches private room
- Virgin to add fifth weekly flight to Vancouver
- BA to fly A380 to Washington
- Hotel check: Edition, London
- Qatar to launch Larnaca route
- BA moves to allow unrestricted use of handheld devices
The Big Picture: SAA's Olympic plane
South African Airways (SAA) has revealed the specially painted aircraft that flew Team South Africa to the London 2012 Olympic Games on July 19.
SAA issued a public competition challenging South African youth of ages 13-21 to design "an iconic visual which captures the spirit of South Africa." The winning designer was Adri le Roux (below), a first year design student at Stellenbosch University.
The Airbus 340-300 depicts South African sportspeople, including swimmers, runners and footballers.
“As South Africa’s national airline, we are proud and happy to be able to support our athletes in this manner,” said SAA CEO Siza Mzimela.
Team SA with SAA CEO Siza Mzimela
For more information visit flysaa.com
Report by Scott Carey