More in News
- Flybe sells its Gatwick slots to Easyjet
- Restaurant check: Oblix
- Ascott to open first Saudi property
- Air France and Cyprus Airways enhance partnership
- Jet Airways plans Amsterdam switch
- Qantas extends Select on Q-Eat services
- Four new European routes at Cambridge airport
- Little Red’s transfer traffic disappoints
- Jetstar gears up for B787 launch
- Gatwick Express ‘veers towards Third World conditions’
The big picture: BA backs Olympics “home advantage”
London 2012 sponsor British Airways has created a huge painting of heptathlete Jessica Ennis in a field near Heathrow, along with the words “Welcome to our turf”.
The painting – which also features the Twitter hashtag #homeadvantage – measures nearly 4,000 sqm, and took two days and over 600 litres of red, white and blue paint to complete.
Situated around three miles from Heathrow, the painting will be seen by visitors and athletes flying into the airport before the London 2012 Games.
The painting will be displayed until July 17, with July 16 expected to be the peak day for overseas athlete arrivals into Heathrow.
For more information visit ba.com.