More in News
- Easyjet announces Gatwick to Tel Aviv route
- Flybe axes 30 routes in network rejig
- Aegean to launch Birmingham-Athens route
- Air Canada reveals B787 Dreamliner cabin design
- Qatar to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Aer Lingus to launch Shannon-Bristol route
- BA adds flights to Cape Town route
- Firmdale to open new London hotel in May
- Rosewood confirms Hotel de Crillon takeover
- Cityhopper 'to take over KLM's European network'
The big picture: BA backs Olympics “home advantage”
London 2012 sponsor British Airways has created a huge painting of heptathlete Jessica Ennis in a field near Heathrow, along with the words “Welcome to our turf”.
The painting – which also features the Twitter hashtag #homeadvantage – measures nearly 4,000 sqm, and took two days and over 600 litres of red, white and blue paint to complete.
Situated around three miles from Heathrow, the painting will be seen by visitors and athletes flying into the airport before the London 2012 Games.
The painting will be displayed until July 17, with July 16 expected to be the peak day for overseas athlete arrivals into Heathrow.
For more information visit ba.com.