More in News
- Hotel check: Edition, London
- Qatar to launch Larnaca route
- BA moves to allow unrestricted use of handheld devices
- AA / US Airways merger completes
- Lufthansa 'to sell off Miles and More'
- ANA to launch services to LHR and Paris CDG
- Etihad to double flights to Indian destinations
- Win a three-night stay at St Regis Beijing
- Book a hotel with Business Traveller
- Flight delays at UK airports
Starwood to open world’s largest Sheraton
Originally published on businesstraveller.com 31/07/2012
Starwood is set to open its largest ever Sheraton hotel this September, a 3,863-room property within the Sands Cotai Central complex in Macau.
The Sheraton Macau Hotel Cotai Central will also become the largest hotel in the Chinese special administrative region.
Features include over 20,000sqm of meeting space - with the pillarless Kashgar Grand Ballroom accommodating up to 5,265 people theatre-style – as well as Sine Spa with 15 treatment rooms, and three outdoor pools with 12,000sqm of deck space.
Food and beverage outlets include Italian trattoria Bene, two poolside cafes, a roof lounge, and signature Asian seafood restaurant Xin.
The hotel forms part of the Sands Cotai Central resort complex, which also features the world’s largest Holiday Inn and Conrad properties – see online news March 26 for more information.
When fully completed the complex will offer around 6,000 rooms, as well as casinos, convention space, retail outlets, entertainment and dining options.
Report by Mark Caswell