More in News
- BA moves to allow unrestricted use of handheld devices
- AA / US Airways merger completes
- Lufthansa 'to sell off Miles and More'
- ANA to launch services to LHR and Paris CDG
- Etihad to double flights to Indian destinations
- Win a three-night stay at St Regis Beijing
- Book a hotel with Business Traveller
- Flight delays at UK airports
- Business Traveller UK Charity Auction 2013
- Compare flights with Business Traveller
Ryanair offers free flight delay texts
Ryanair says passengers providing their mobile phone numbers will be sent SMS text messages if their flight is delayed over 90 minutes.
In a press release the low-cost carrier said that “passengers who experience very rare Ryanair flight delays, of over 90 minutes, will now receive free text message updates to advise them of the likely duration of the delay and their new departure time”.
The airline said the service would be “particularly useful during periods of severe disruption such as bad weather, ATC strikes or widespread airspace closures (e.g. volcanic ash)”.
Ryanair already offers the option to receive a text message confirming the passenger's reservation number and flight details, although this is charged at £1.50.
For more information visit ryanair.com.
Report by Mark Caswell