More in News
- Easyjet announces Gatwick to Tel Aviv route
- Flybe axes 30 routes in network rejig
- Aegean to launch Birmingham-Athens route
- Air Canada reveals B787 Dreamliner cabin design
- Qatar to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Aer Lingus to launch Shannon-Bristol route
- BA adds flights to Cape Town route
- Firmdale to open new London hotel in May
- Rosewood confirms Hotel de Crillon takeover
- Cityhopper 'to take over KLM's European network'
Rosewood to open Beijing property
Luxury hotel group Rosewood is to open its first Chinese property next year, a 279-room hotel in the capital Beijing
The hotel will be located in the Chaoyang central business district, opposite the CCTV Tower, and will feature “terraces, gardens and balconies integrated into the design of many of the restaurants, spa, recreational facilities, meeting and function areas”.
Guest rooms will measure 50sqm, and will feature “residential-style layouts”, with “subtle Oriental overtones”, and “spacious bathrooms and walk-in closets”.
There will be a total of seven restaurants and lounges at the hotel, including a Chinese restaurant with nine private dining suites.
Spa facilities will include five suites designed for overnight stays, as well as an indoor swimming pool, gym and yoga studio, and meeting spaces will include a 767sqm pillar-less ballroom with adjoining outdoor garden.
The group will also debut its residential meeting and function space The Pavilion, featuring “two combinable areas for memorable events, with dining spaces, bar, lounges and show kitchens, all finished and accessorized as in an elegant private home”. Rosewood says this new concept will be a signature of all future properties in Asia.
The Rosewood Hotels and Resorts brand was purchased by Hong Kong-based New World Hospitality last year (see online news June 21, 2011). The groups says that Rosewood Beijing “is the precursor to fast-paced Asia growth targeted to add ten properties in operation or in the pipeline in the region to Rosewood’s portfolio within five years”.
For more information visit rosewoodhotels.com.
Report by Mark Caswell