More in News
- City guides
- British Airways A380: What you need to know
- Win luxury hotel stays with Business Traveller
- JetBlue and Emirates agree codeshare expansion
- Heathrow: Third runway is only solution
- Third terminal for Frankfurt
- Dubai runway to close for 80 days in 2014
- BA to launch Gatwick to Larnaca route
- DB to stop selling Thalys tickets
- ANA reports 'problem' with modified Dreamliner
Movenpick opens Ankara property
Movenpick Hotels and Resorts has opened its third property in Turkey, the 176-room Movenpick Hotel Ankara located in the city’s Sogutozu district.
The Swiss hotel chain already has properties in the Turkish cities of Izmir and Istanbul, with this latest hotel being located around 30km from Ankara’s international airport and 500 metres from the city’s Congresium convention and exhibition centre.
The hotel is housed within a curved shaped building reflecting Turkey’s Nazar Boncugu (an eye-shaped amulet worn to ward off evil), and features a 12-storey central atrium, a glass ceiling and a large lobby chandelier made out of handmade crystal balls.
Facilities include 176 rooms, nine meeting spaces including the 390 sqm Bern Ballroom, two executive floors and an executive lounge, a wellness and fitness centre with Turkish bath, indoor plunge pool, whirlpool and sauna, and flagship restaurant Plus (inspired by the red symbol on the Swiss flag) offering Turkish and Mediterranean dishes.
Earlier this year Movenpick announced plans to open 11 new properties worldwide, including five hotels in Asia-Pacific, and further properties in Egypt, Tunisia, Marrakech and Paris (see online news February 10).
For more information visit moevenpick-hotels.com.
Report by Mark Caswell