More in News
- Flight delays at UK airports
- Business Traveller UK Charity Auction 2013
- Compare flights with Business Traveller
- Air Canada to deploy B787 to Tokyo
- Finnair to install fully-flat seats across long-haul fleet
- IHG opens Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport
- Iberia adds flights to Santiago service
- Carlson Rezidor to open two hotels in Saudi Arabia
- Easyjet announces Gatwick to Tel Aviv route
- Flybe axes 30 routes in network rejig
Movenpick opens Ankara property
Movenpick Hotels and Resorts has opened its third property in Turkey, the 176-room Movenpick Hotel Ankara located in the city’s Sogutozu district.
The Swiss hotel chain already has properties in the Turkish cities of Izmir and Istanbul, with this latest hotel being located around 30km from Ankara’s international airport and 500 metres from the city’s Congresium convention and exhibition centre.
The hotel is housed within a curved shaped building reflecting Turkey’s Nazar Boncugu (an eye-shaped amulet worn to ward off evil), and features a 12-storey central atrium, a glass ceiling and a large lobby chandelier made out of handmade crystal balls.
Facilities include 176 rooms, nine meeting spaces including the 390 sqm Bern Ballroom, two executive floors and an executive lounge, a wellness and fitness centre with Turkish bath, indoor plunge pool, whirlpool and sauna, and flagship restaurant Plus (inspired by the red symbol on the Swiss flag) offering Turkish and Mediterranean dishes.
Earlier this year Movenpick announced plans to open 11 new properties worldwide, including five hotels in Asia-Pacific, and further properties in Egypt, Tunisia, Marrakech and Paris (see online news February 10).
For more information visit moevenpick-hotels.com.
Report by Mark Caswell