More in News
- Qatar to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Aer Lingus to launch Shannon-Bristol route
- BA adds flights to Cape Town route
- Firmdale to open new London hotel in May
- Rosewood confirms Hotel de Crillon takeover
- Cityhopper 'to take over KLM's European network'
- ANZ relaunches app with online check-in
- Easyjet launches Chinese website
- Eastern Airways adds third French domestic route
- Marriott expands mobile check-in service
Morgans to open two Marrakech properties
Morgans Hotel Group has agreed a deal to open Delano and Mondrian hotels in the Moroccan city of Marrakech.
The 73-room Delano Marrakech is scheduled to open this September, with the 69-room Mondrian Marrakech following in late 2013.
Located in the Hivernage district of the city, the Delano Marrakech will be only the second property under the luxury brand, joining the Delano South Beach in Miami.
The hotel’s interiors have been designed by Jacques Garcia, with an “unconventional baroque interior” which “brings together precious marbles, sumptuous draped velvet, and rare fabrics to create a relaxing and intimate atmosphere”.
Features will include 73 suites, a 20,000 square foot spa, three swimming pools, a roof deck, subterranean nightclub, and French and Italian restaurants.
The 69-room Mondrian Marrakech will be located in the Agdal district of the city, and will feature “state of the art fitness facilities, several food and beverage outlets and world class spa facilities”.
The hotels are being developed in partnership with Moroccan entrepreneur Ahmed Bennani and Hivernage Collection.
Morgans Hotel Group recently announced plans to open a Hudson hotel in London (see online news June 13), and has commissioned British designer Tom Dixon to design the forthcoming Mondrian London within Sea Containers House on London’s South Bank (see online news March 12).
For more information visit morganshotelgroup.com.
Report by Mark Caswell