More in News
- Easyjet announces Gatwick to Tel Aviv route
- Flybe axes 30 routes in network rejig
- Aegean to launch Birmingham-Athens route
- Air Canada reveals B787 Dreamliner cabin design
- Qatar to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Aer Lingus to launch Shannon-Bristol route
- BA adds flights to Cape Town route
- Firmdale to open new London hotel in May
- Rosewood confirms Hotel de Crillon takeover
- Cityhopper 'to take over KLM's European network'
Liverpool to get first Doubletree hotel
The first Doubletree by Hilton hotel in Liverpool is expected to open in summer next year.
The 87-room hotel will be housed in a Grade II Listed building in the former Municipal Annexe, on the corner of Sir Thomas and Dale streets.
Hilton Worldwide said it would “retain [the building’s] grandeur from when it was first constructed in 1865”.
The property will have a restaurant, executive lounge, spa, pool and meeting facilities.
Doubletree has been undergoing considerable expansion in the UK, with the Ramada London Heathrow, the Hesperia London Victoria and four Mint hotels all having recently joined the brand. A Doubletree also opened next to Newcastle airport at the end of last year.