More in News
- Easyjet strikes deal for 135 A320s
- Boeing secures 'commitments' for 102 B787-10s
- Virgin Atlantic to deploy B747 on all Manchester to Orlando flights
- Qatar Airways orders nine B777-300ERs
- Air France-KLM and Jet Airways sign codeshare agreement
- LHR Terminal 2 to be named after the Queen
- Win a stay in Singapore with Business Traveller
- DB ICE trains approved for Channel Tunnel
- Air France A380: What you need to know
- Tried and Tested: Qantas B767 economy
Liverpool to get first Doubletree hotel
The first Doubletree by Hilton hotel in Liverpool is expected to open in summer next year.
The 87-room hotel will be housed in a Grade II Listed building in the former Municipal Annexe, on the corner of Sir Thomas and Dale streets.
Hilton Worldwide said it would “retain [the building’s] grandeur from when it was first constructed in 1865”.
The property will have a restaurant, executive lounge, spa, pool and meeting facilities.
Doubletree has been undergoing considerable expansion in the UK, with the Ramada London Heathrow, the Hesperia London Victoria and four Mint hotels all having recently joined the brand. A Doubletree also opened next to Newcastle airport at the end of last year.