More in News
- Jet Airways plans Amsterdam switch
- Qantas extends Select on Q-Eat services
- Four new European routes at Cambridge airport
- Little Red’s transfer traffic disappoints
- Jetstar gears up for B787 launch
- Gatwick Express ‘veers towards Third World conditions’
- London Syon Park no longer a Waldorf Astoria hotel
- Ryanair reveals annual profits of £482 million
- City guides
- British Airways A380: What you need to know
LAN gears up for Dreamliner delivery
LAN is due to take delivery of its first B787 aircraft later today (August 31), making it the first South American airline to add the Dreamliner to its fleet.
The Chilean carrier has a total of 32 B787-800 and -900 aircraft on order, and is expected to gradually roster the aircraft onto routes including Buenos Aires, Lima, Los Angeles, Madrid, and Frankfurt during its first year of service.
Ahead of the launch Boeing and LAN have created a YouTube video detailing the carrier's preparations for delivery of the aircraft.
LAN has been a member of Oneworld since 2000, while TAM is a member of Star Alliance - as part of the merger agreement LATAM are required to consolidate both carriers under one of the two alliances, with a decision due imminently.
Report by Mark Caswell