More in News
- Does Thai Scandinavia have the best "premium economy"?
- Novotel to open at Wembley Stadium
- Eva Air and Singapore Airlines start codeshare
- KLM adds ultra-slim seats on Cityhopper fleet
- Air Canada orders 109 B737 Max aircraft
- BA increases Gold Executive Club benefits
- Lufthansa to launch premium economy next November
- Marriott to open its third Washington hotel
- Air France to add Tokyo Haneda route
- London's Balthazar launches private room
Ibiza opens “first airport lounge club”
Originally published on businesstraveller.com 03/08/2012
It might sound like many business travellers’ nightmare, but Ibiza airport has opened what it claims is the first airside airport lounge club, complete with a dancefloor and electro-house DJ sessions.
Provocatively named the F**k Me I’m Famous Lounge Club, the temporary facility is a joint venture between airport service provider Areas, and DJ and club promoting couple David and Cathy Guetta.
The 24-hour lounge is located by gates 7 and 8 at Ibiza airport, and has been created as “the meeting point for personalities arriving to and leaving from Ibiza, offering DJ sessions, an original range of casual food and impressive views, around a dancefloor”.
“A selection of the best DJs of the moment” will play at the club, which transforms through four ambiences during the day, from ambient chill-out music between 6am and 2pm, funk and Latin house until 7pm, house and deep house until midnight, and tech-house and electro-house until 6am.
The lounge includes an LED entrance, red, black and white décor, a white bar and a “glittery floor”, while food and beverage options include roast chicken wraps and mini-burgers, as well as an extensive range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
Report by Mark Caswell