More in News
- Little Red to double baggage allowance
- Easyjet to expand Rome Fiumicino operation
- Etihad adds Perth and Dallas routes for 2014
- Priority Pass adds 12 lounges to network
- BA Executive Club ditches 'same address spend rule'
- Does Thai Scandinavia have the best "premium economy"?
- Novotel to open at Wembley Stadium
- Eva Air and Singapore Airlines start codeshare
- KLM adds ultra-slim seats on Cityhopper fleet
- Air Canada orders 109 B737 Max aircraft
Ibis reopening continues Christchurch regeneration
Accor has reopened its Ibis Christchurch property, a year and a half after the hotel was damaged during an earthquake which killed 185 people.
Located on Hereford Street off Cathedral Square, the hotel has seen its 155 rooms and public areas renovated with the latest Ibis branding and facilities, as well as structural strengthening to meet the city’s new building codes.
It’s the first city centre property to reopen since the earthquake, having suffered “only minor damage”.
The hotel is next to the city’s Re:Start Mall, a pop-up shopping centre created after the earthquake which is now home to designer shops and cafes.
The Ibis Christchurch is one of four Accor properties in the city – the Novotel Christchurch is scheduled to reopen in mid 2013, while the future of the group’s two All Seasons hotels “is yet to be determined due to restricted access to the hotels following the earthquake”.
For more information visit accorhotels.com.
Report by Mark Caswell