More in News
- Qatar to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Aer Lingus to launch Shannon-Bristol route
- BA adds flights to Cape Town route
- Firmdale to open new London hotel in May
- Rosewood confirms Hotel de Crillon takeover
- Cityhopper 'to take over KLM's European network'
- ANZ relaunches app with online check-in
- Easyjet launches Chinese website
- Eastern Airways adds third French domestic route
- Marriott expands mobile check-in service
Ethiopian’s B787 to serve Washington from September
Ethiopian Airlines has taken delivery of its first Boeing Dreamliner aircraft, and will roster the B787 onto its Washington DC route from mid-September.
The carrier’s first Dreamliner is set to arrive in Addis Ababa tomorrow (Friday August 17), having been flown from its delivery ceremony in Seattle, via Washington.
As previously reported (see online news August 13) the aircraft will then embark on a Dream Tour of African cities, as well as destinations including Dubai, Mumbai, Rome, London and Frankfurt.
Once Ethiopian’s second B787 is received, the aircraft will then be deployed onto the carrier’s Washington Dc route from mid-September.
Ethiopian Airlines has a total of ten Dreamliners on order, and expects to take delivery of five of them by December this year.
Report by Mark Caswell