More in News
- Gatwick Express ‘veers towards Third World conditions’
- London Syon Park no longer a Waldorf Astoria hotel
- Ryanair reveals annual profits of £482 million
- City guides
- British Airways A380: What you need to know
- Win luxury hotel stays with Business Traveller
- JetBlue and Emirates agree codeshare expansion
- Heathrow: Third runway is only solution
- Third terminal for Frankfurt
- Dubai runway to close for 80 days in 2014
Ethiopian’s B787 to serve Washington from September
Ethiopian Airlines has taken delivery of its first Boeing Dreamliner aircraft, and will roster the B787 onto its Washington DC route from mid-September.
The carrier’s first Dreamliner is set to arrive in Addis Ababa tomorrow (Friday August 17), having been flown from its delivery ceremony in Seattle, via Washington.
As previously reported (see online news August 13) the aircraft will then embark on a Dream Tour of African cities, as well as destinations including Dubai, Mumbai, Rome, London and Frankfurt.
Once Ethiopian’s second B787 is received, the aircraft will then be deployed onto the carrier’s Washington Dc route from mid-September.
Ethiopian Airlines has a total of ten Dreamliners on order, and expects to take delivery of five of them by December this year.
Report by Mark Caswell