More in News
- Flight delays at UK airports
- Business Traveller UK Charity Auction 2013
- Compare flights with Business Traveller
- Air Canada to deploy B787 to Tokyo
- Finnair to install fully-flat seats across long-haul fleet
- IHG opens Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport
- Iberia adds flights to Santiago service
- Carlson Rezidor to open two hotels in Saudi Arabia
- Easyjet announces Gatwick to Tel Aviv route
- Flybe axes 30 routes in network rejig
Ethiopian gears up for Dreamliner launch
Ethiopian Airlines will take delivery of its first Boeing Dreamliner aircraft next week, with an inaugural passenger flight between Washington Dulles and Addis Ababa taking place on Thursday August 16.
In a release the African carrier said there were still “a few seats” available for the inaugural service. Ethiopian said it would then commence regular scheduled B787 flights on the route from this autumn.
The carrier placed its Dreamliner order back in 2005, and will be the first African airline to take delivery of the Boeing aircraft.
Ethiopian Airlines has a total of ten B787s on order, configured with 246 economy and 24 Cloud Nine business class seats.
The airline joined Star Alliance in December last year, and serves European cities including Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Rome and Stockholm.
Report by Mark Caswell