More in News
- British Airways A380: What you need to know
- Win luxury hotel stays with Business Traveller
- JetBlue and Emirates agree codeshare expansion
- Heathrow: Third runway is only solution
- Third terminal for Frankfurt
- Dubai runway to close for 80 days in 2014
- BA to launch Gatwick to Larnaca route
- DB to stop selling Thalys tickets
- ANA reports 'problem' with modified Dreamliner
- Hilton London Islington undergoes £5.2m refurb
Ethiopian gears up for Dreamliner launch
Ethiopian Airlines will take delivery of its first Boeing Dreamliner aircraft next week, with an inaugural passenger flight between Washington Dulles and Addis Ababa taking place on Thursday August 16.
In a release the African carrier said there were still “a few seats” available for the inaugural service. Ethiopian said it would then commence regular scheduled B787 flights on the route from this autumn.
The carrier placed its Dreamliner order back in 2005, and will be the first African airline to take delivery of the Boeing aircraft.
Ethiopian Airlines has a total of ten B787s on order, configured with 246 economy and 24 Cloud Nine business class seats.
The airline joined Star Alliance in December last year, and serves European cities including Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Rome and Stockholm.
Report by Mark Caswell