More in News
- Win a three-night stay at St Regis Beijing
- Book a hotel with Business Traveller
- Flight delays at UK airports
- Business Traveller UK Charity Auction 2013
- Compare flights with Business Traveller
- Air Canada to deploy B787 to Tokyo
- Finnair to install fully-flat seats across long-haul fleet
- IHG opens Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport
- Iberia adds flights to Santiago service
- Carlson Rezidor to open two hotels in Saudi Arabia
Ethiopian gears up for Dreamliner launch
Ethiopian Airlines has rostered its forthcoming B787 Dreamliner aircraft onto routes to Johannesburg and Dubai from June 15, with Guangzhou, Harare and Lusaka set to follow later in the year.
Business Traveller was alerted to the news by industry website airlineroutes.net, and can confirm the carrier’s website now shows flights ET808 and ET809 between Addis Ababa and Johannesburg, and ET600 and ET601 between the Ethiopian capital and Dubai, as being served by the Boeing Dreamliner.
Ethiopian Airlines is then set to serve Guangzhou with the B787 from August 15, followed by Harare and Lusaka from September 18.
It should be noted that other than the carrier’s reservation systems there has not been any official announcement of the delivery and launch dates of Ethiopian’s Dreamliner aircraft, so the dates above may be subject to change.
Back in 2009 the carrier published a seat plan and CGI images of its B787 aircraft on its website (see online news July 29, 2007), showing a business class configuration of 2-2-2 with a total of 24 seats across four rows, and two cabins of economy seating, with a 3-3-3 layout and a total of 246 seats.
At the time the website referred to the Dreamliner as “coming in 2010”, but delays meant launch carrier ANA did not receive its first aircraft until September last year (see online news September 27, 2011).
For more information visit flyethiopian.com.
Report by Mark Caswell