More in News
- Business Traveller UK Charity Auction 2013
- Compare flights with Business Traveller
- Air Canada to deploy B787 to Tokyo
- Finnair to install fully-flat seats across long-haul fleet
- IHG opens Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport
- Iberia adds flights to Santiago service
- Carlson Rezidor to open two hotels in Saudi Arabia
- Easyjet announces Gatwick to Tel Aviv route
- Flybe axes 30 routes in network rejig
- Aegean to launch Birmingham-Athens route
Emirates to fly A380 into Gatwick
Emirates is set to operate its A380 superjumbo on a one-off service into Gatwick airport next month.
The news was flagged up by industry website airlineroute.net, and when Business Traveller checked the carrier's online reservation system (see screen grab below), flights EK0015 (departing Dubai at 0800) and EK0016 (departing Gatwick at 1530) on July 6 are both showing as being served by an A380 aircraft.
Emirates already operates its superjumbo on selected services into both London Heathrow and Manchester airports, but this will be the first time Gatwick has welcomed a scheduled A380 service.
The airport received permission to operate A380 services in 2010, and is scheduled to have pier infrastructure capable of handling the double decker aircraft in place by next summer.
For more information visit emirates.com.
Report by Mark Caswell