More in News
- Bonus Avios for Hilton Worldwide stays
- Win a three-night stay at Fairmont Singapore
- Free international roaming data with Globalgig
- Win a stay at Cheval Three Quays in London
- Get free Platinum GHA Discovery membership
- ANA B777-300ER Premium Economy
- Airbus A350 XWB: The lowdown
- Third LHR runway 'could reduce fares by £300'
- Cathay Pacific and Qatar sign new codeshare
- Northern Ireland passengers at Dublin Airport number 570,000
Doha's Hamad International Airport to open in January
Doha's new Hamad International Airport will open in January, according to Qatar's transport minister.
Jassim Seif Ahmed al-Sulaiti said that cargo flights at the airport — formerly known as New Doha Interational Airport — would commence as early as next week and passenger flights in the new year, reports the Gulf Times.
The soft opening will see ten carriers initially move to Hamad International, operating out of Concourse B.
These airlines are Air Arabia; Air India Express; Biman Bangladesh Airlines; Flydubai; Iran Air; Nepal Airlines; Pakistan International Airlines; RAK Airways; Syrian Air; and Yemen Airways.
Qatar Airways will continue to fly to and from Doha International Airport, before moving its entire operations to Hamad International later in 2014.
The new airport has been dogged by a series of delays, resulting in its opening being postponed a number of times (see news, April 2).
Once fully open, it will accommodate 28 million passengers, increasing to 50 million beyond 2015.