More in News
- City guides
- British Airways A380: What you need to know
- Win luxury hotel stays with Business Traveller
- JetBlue and Emirates agree codeshare expansion
- Heathrow: Third runway is only solution
- Third terminal for Frankfurt
- Dubai runway to close for 80 days in 2014
- BA to launch Gatwick to Larnaca route
- DB to stop selling Thalys tickets
- ANA reports 'problem' with modified Dreamliner
Centara to reach 100 properties by 2017
Thai hotel group Centara says it aims to add more than 45 properties to its portfolio over the next five years, with the possibility of adding hotels in the Middle East and Europe.
The group currently operates 55 hotels and resorts, mainly located in Thailand but with selected destinations in the Maldives, Vietnam, the Philippines, Bali, Mauritius and Sri Lanka.
Centara says it aims to reach 100 properties by 2017, with its growth strategy focusing on “the main tourism destinations and gateway cities in Asia”.
But the group says it is also “very interested in the possibility of expanding into the Middle East and gateway cities in Europe”.
Centara will open its first property in the Chinese city of Shanghai next year, with further expansion into China planned. The group says it is also “looking towards some of the newly opening countries, such as Myanmar”.
The group operates hotels under its upmarket Centara Hotels and Resorts, and Centara Grand Hotels and Resorts brands, as well as the four-star Centra offering, with an economy brand set to be launched later this year.
For more information visit centarahotelsresorts.com.
Report by Mark Caswell