More in News
- Air Canada to deploy B787 to Tokyo
- Finnair to install fully-flat seats across long-haul fleet
- IHG opens Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport
- Iberia adds flights to Santiago service
- Carlson Rezidor to open two hotels in Saudi Arabia
- Easyjet announces Gatwick to Tel Aviv route
- Flybe axes 30 routes in network rejig
- Aegean to launch Birmingham-Athens route
- Air Canada reveals B787 Dreamliner cabin design
- Qatar to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
Business travellers split over Bmi demise
Readers of businesstraveller.com are split over the decision to integrate Bmi into British Airways, with just under half saying they will miss the brand.
Of the 729 respondents to the poll, 49.5 per cent said they would miss the Bmi brand when the carrier's mainline services are integrated into BA's Heathrow operations.
British Airways' parent company IAG completed the purchase of Bmi from Lufthansa earlier this year (see online news April 20), and BA has started moving Bmi flights over to BA codes,
The carrier says that over the summer period “the exterior and interior design of Bmi’s aircraft, as well as the onboard experience will gradually transform into British Airways’ style”.
Users of the businesstraveller.com forum have also been discussing the demise of the Bmi brand here.
Our latest poll asks whether readers think the UK government will do a U-turn on the building of a third runway at Heathrow - to take part click here.