More in News
- Four new European routes at Cambridge airport
- Little Red’s transfer traffic disappoints
- Jetstar gears up for B787 launch
- Gatwick Express ‘veers towards Third World conditions’
- London Syon Park no longer a Waldorf Astoria hotel
- Ryanair reveals annual profits of £482 million
- City guides
- British Airways A380: What you need to know
- Win luxury hotel stays with Business Traveller
- JetBlue and Emirates agree codeshare expansion
Business travellers split over Bmi demise
Readers of businesstraveller.com are split over the decision to integrate Bmi into British Airways, with just under half saying they will miss the brand.
Of the 729 respondents to the poll, 49.5 per cent said they would miss the Bmi brand when the carrier's mainline services are integrated into BA's Heathrow operations.
British Airways' parent company IAG completed the purchase of Bmi from Lufthansa earlier this year (see online news April 20), and BA has started moving Bmi flights over to BA codes,
The carrier says that over the summer period “the exterior and interior design of Bmi’s aircraft, as well as the onboard experience will gradually transform into British Airways’ style”.
Users of the businesstraveller.com forum have also been discussing the demise of the Bmi brand here.
Our latest poll asks whether readers think the UK government will do a U-turn on the building of a third runway at Heathrow - to take part click here.