More in News
- Win a three-night stay at St Regis Beijing
- Book a hotel with Business Traveller
- Flight delays at UK airports
- Business Traveller UK Charity Auction 2013
- Compare flights with Business Traveller
- Air Canada to deploy B787 to Tokyo
- Finnair to install fully-flat seats across long-haul fleet
- IHG opens Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport
- Iberia adds flights to Santiago service
- Carlson Rezidor to open two hotels in Saudi Arabia
Bmi cuts Diamond Club benefits
Bmi has announced the curtailment of several partner benefits within its Diamond Club loyalty scheme, as BA continues the integration of the carrier into its Heathrow operations.
In an email sent to members today (June 14), Bmi said that with immediate effect it would no longer be possible to earn or spend destination miles on Bmi hotels, car hire with Europcar, or services with Purple Parking.
In addition members will only be able to spend miles on Gifts and Treats until June 17, and Gold members in receipt of Gold upgrade vouchers will find these are no longer valid on any flights.
The announcement come ahead of the July 3 launch of a tool allowing members of both BA’s Executive Club and Bmi’s Diamond Club to transfer existing miles between either scheme, at a rate of 1:1.
The email also reminds travellers that Diamond Club Gold and Silver members can apply for matching tier status within the Executive Club, but those holding lifetime Gold status within the Diamond Club scheme should note that their tier will only be matched “for a minimum of one year”, as “British Airways does not currently offer a lifetime status or set of lifetime benefits for their Gold customers”.
Report by Mark Caswell