More in News
- Easyjet announces Gatwick to Tel Aviv route
- Flybe axes 30 routes in network rejig
- Aegean to launch Birmingham-Athens route
- Air Canada reveals B787 Dreamliner cabin design
- Qatar to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Aer Lingus to launch Shannon-Bristol route
- BA adds flights to Cape Town route
- Firmdale to open new London hotel in May
- Rosewood confirms Hotel de Crillon takeover
- Cityhopper 'to take over KLM's European network'
Belgian national strike set to disrupt Eurostar services
Eurostar is advising customers planning to visit Brussels on October 3 to change their travel dates, with a national strike set to take place in Belgium next Wednesday.
The rail operator says that if the industrial action does go ahead it will not run services to and from Brussels from 2200 CET on October 2, until 2200 CET on October 3. Services will terminate and start at Lille during this period.
The operator says that "As a precaution, Eurostar strongly recommends that passengers planning to travel to or from Brussels on Wednesday October 3 (or on the 1904 departure from London on October 2) should exchange their tickets for travel before or after".
Eurostar said it will offer refunds or exchanges free of charge regardless of ticket conditions, but subject to availability on alternative services, and advised customers wishing to re-book their travel to contact their original point of sale, or Eurostar on one of the following numbers:
- UK 08432 186 186
- Belgium 02 40 06 731