More in News
- Lufthansa to launch premium economy next November
- Marriott to open its third Washington hotel
- Air France to add Tokyo Haneda route
- London's Balthazar launches private room
- Virgin to add fifth weekly flight to Vancouver
- BA to fly A380 to Washington
- Hotel check: Edition, London
- Qatar to launch Larnaca route
- BA moves to allow unrestricted use of handheld devices
- AA / US Airways merger completes
BA announces Westjet codeshare
British Airways has launched a codeshare agreement with Canadian low-cost carrier Westjet.
Pasengers can now buy onward tickets on BA’s services to Toronto, Calgary and Montreal, connecting onto Westjet services to Ottawa, Edmonton and Victoria.
Executive Club members will also now earn Avios on eligible Westjet sectors.
Commenting on the news Lynne Embleton, British Airways’ director of strategy and business units, said:
“Our partnership with WestJet is great news for our customers. It will enable easier travel from Canada’s gateway cities to destinations that have been more difficult to access from the UK.”
Based in Calgary, Westjet is Canada’s second-largest airline after flag carrier Air Canada.
Report by Mark Caswell