More in News
- Flydubai launches business class across its network
- Easyjet strikes deal for 135 A320s
- Boeing secures 'commitments' for 102 B787-10s
- Virgin Atlantic to deploy B747 on all Manchester to Orlando flights
- Qatar Airways orders nine B777-300ERs
- Air France-KLM and Jet Airways sign codeshare agreement
- LHR Terminal 2 to be named after the Queen
- Win a stay in Singapore with Business Traveller
- DB ICE trains approved for Channel Tunnel
- Air France A380: What you need to know
BA announces Westjet codeshare
British Airways has launched a codeshare agreement with Canadian low-cost carrier Westjet.
Pasengers can now buy onward tickets on BA’s services to Toronto, Calgary and Montreal, connecting onto Westjet services to Ottawa, Edmonton and Victoria.
Executive Club members will also now earn Avios on eligible Westjet sectors.
Commenting on the news Lynne Embleton, British Airways’ director of strategy and business units, said:
“Our partnership with WestJet is great news for our customers. It will enable easier travel from Canada’s gateway cities to destinations that have been more difficult to access from the UK.”
Based in Calgary, Westjet is Canada’s second-largest airline after flag carrier Air Canada.
Report by Mark Caswell