More in News
- Win a three-night stay at St Regis Beijing
- Book a hotel with Business Traveller
- Flight delays at UK airports
- Business Traveller UK Charity Auction 2013
- Compare flights with Business Traveller
- Air Canada to deploy B787 to Tokyo
- Finnair to install fully-flat seats across long-haul fleet
- IHG opens Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport
- Iberia adds flights to Santiago service
- Carlson Rezidor to open two hotels in Saudi Arabia
The Ritz-Carlton Vienna opens
Published: 27/08/2012 RSS
The Ritz-Carlton Vienna opens its doors today, the company's first hotel in Austria and 80th globally.
The 202-room hotel, comprising four palaces dating back to the 19th Century, is located on the central Schubertring Boulevard.
An impressive marble staircase is complemented by decorative mural paintings and intricate wood carvings.
Alongside 43 suites is a spacious Presidential suite of rooms on the second floor, which contains many original features.
The seventh floor Club Lounge provides guests exclusive access to a private concierge service, a gastronomic food and beverage presentation throughout the day and cityscape views.
Dstrikt restaurant, located on the ground floor with a summer terrace, offers authentic Austrian cuisine from the kitchen of Chef Wini Brugger, serving a mix of locally grown produce and regional dishes.
The Atmosphere rooftop bar provides panoramic views of the city, Melounge, adjacent to the lobby, serves coffee and cake in true Viennese style, and the D-Bar is open to hotel guests and residents.
Business facilities include two boardrooms, three functions rooms and a 300sqm Crystal Ballroom decorated with thousands of sparkling crystals, as well as a Business Centre, all located on the first floor.
Recreational amenities encompass an 18-metre indoor pool, fitness room, sauna and steam rooms. The boutique Guerlain Spa will offer six treatment rooms including two specially designed for couples.
For more information, visit ritzcarlton.com
Report by Dominic Ellis