More in News
- Aegean to launch Birmingham-Athens route
- Air Canada reveals B787 Dreamliner cabin design
- Qatar to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Aer Lingus to launch Shannon-Bristol route
- BA adds flights to Cape Town route
- Firmdale to open new London hotel in May
- Rosewood confirms Hotel de Crillon takeover
- Cityhopper 'to take over KLM's European network'
- ANZ relaunches app with online check-in
- Easyjet launches Chinese website
Qatar Airways equips crew and staff with iPads
Published: 22/08/2012 RSS
Qatar Airways' cabin crew and concierge staff at the airline's Premium Terminal at Doha International Airport and Premium Lounge at London Heathrow have been kitted out with iPads to provide passengers with flight data and other information.
The airline's app provides access to customer information and alerts the crew and concierge staff of special meal or service requirements, and an interactive seat map highlights the presence of VIPs and Privilege Club members on board.
Qatar Airways' CEO Akbar Al Baker said the iPads will enable crew and concierge staff to know passengers better, and respond to their needs.
The airline plans to extend its tablet services to include on-board Privilege Club enrolment and introduce value-added services for the redemption of Qmiles for upgrades and purchase of duty free items inflight.
For more information, visit qatarairways.com
Report by Dominic Ellis