More in News
- Delta plans US-UK shuttle service with Virgin Atlantic
- Delta prepares for T4 JFK opening
- Aegean to launch Manchester to Athens route
- Flybe sells its Gatwick slots to Easyjet
- Restaurant check: Oblix
- Ascott to open first Saudi property
- Air France and Cyprus Airways enhance partnership
- Jet Airways plans Amsterdam switch
- Qantas extends Select on Q-Eat services
- Four new European routes at Cambridge airport
Qatar Airways equips crew and staff with iPads
Published: 22/08/2012 RSS
Qatar Airways' cabin crew and concierge staff at the airline's Premium Terminal at Doha International Airport and Premium Lounge at London Heathrow have been kitted out with iPads to provide passengers with flight data and other information.
The airline's app provides access to customer information and alerts the crew and concierge staff of special meal or service requirements, and an interactive seat map highlights the presence of VIPs and Privilege Club members on board.
Qatar Airways' CEO Akbar Al Baker said the iPads will enable crew and concierge staff to know passengers better, and respond to their needs.
The airline plans to extend its tablet services to include on-board Privilege Club enrolment and introduce value-added services for the redemption of Qmiles for upgrades and purchase of duty free items inflight.
For more information, visit qatarairways.com
Report by Dominic Ellis