More in News
- Does Thai Scandinavia have the best "premium economy"?
- Novotel to open at Wembley Stadium
- Eva Air and Singapore Airlines start codeshare
- KLM adds ultra-slim seats on Cityhopper fleet
- Air Canada orders 109 B737 Max aircraft
- BA increases Gold Executive Club benefits
- Lufthansa to launch premium economy next November
- Marriott to open its third Washington hotel
- Air France to add Tokyo Haneda route
- London's Balthazar launches private room
Etihad keen to expand S7 codeshare
Published: 23/10/2012 RSS
Etihad Airways wants to extend its codeshare with Russian carrier S7 to include its services to Sydney and Melbourne.
Etihad currently codeshares on S7-operated services from Moscow to Kazan, Samara, Krasnodar and St. Petersburg, while S7 codeshares on Etihad's daily Moscow-Abu Dhabi service, and onwards to Bangkok.
"The aim now is to expand services and connectivity over both Abu Dhabi and Moscow with S7," said James Hogan, President and Chief Executive Officer of Etihad Airways, speaking at a press conference in Moscow to mark four years flying to Moscow.
"Moscow-Abu Dhabi has been a tremendous success with strong load factor and good traffic feeds from our codeshare partner, S7 Airlines. The UAE is home to almost 25,000 Russians and 400 Russia-UAE joint venture companies, and as a result, the business and cultural ties between the two countries have never been stronger."
For more information, visit etihad.com
Report by Dominic Ellis