More in News
- Carlson Rezidor to open two hotels in Saudi Arabia
- Easyjet announces Gatwick to Tel Aviv route
- Flybe axes 30 routes in network rejig
- Aegean to launch Birmingham-Athens route
- Air Canada reveals B787 Dreamliner cabin design
- Qatar to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Aer Lingus to launch Shannon-Bristol route
- BA adds flights to Cape Town route
- Firmdale to open new London hotel in May
- Rosewood confirms Hotel de Crillon takeover
Etihad and China Eastern sign codeshare
Published: 28/08/2012 RSS
Etihad Airways has signed a codeshare agreement with China Eastern Airlines, following the signing of an MoU with the Shanghai-based Chinese carrier in March (click here).
The new codeshare services between Abu Dhabi and China go on sale on Thurday for travel from September 3.
James Hogan, President and CEO of Etihad Airways, said the codeshare will be mutually beneficial as it will enable both airlines to expand their networks and offer passengers more schedules and loyalty benefits.
Initially, China Eastern will place its ‘MU’ code on Etihad Airways’ flights between Abu Dhabi and Shanghai.
The airlines have plans to expand the partnership in subsequent phases, which will see the MU code on Etihad flights to destinations not on the Chinese carrier’s network, while Etihad Airways plans to codeshare on China Eastern’s domestic services.
The two airlines also plan to offer reciprocal benefits such as mileage earn and burn to members of their frequent flyer programs, Etihad Guest and Eastern Miles, in the fourth quarter of 2012.
For more information, visit etihad.com
Report by Dominic Ellis