More in News
- KLM adds ultra-slim seats on Cityhopper fleet
- Air Canada orders 109 B737 Max aircraft
- BA increases Gold Executive Club benefits
- Lufthansa to launch premium economy next November
- Marriott to open its third Washington hotel
- Air France to add Tokyo Haneda route
- London's Balthazar launches private room
- Virgin to add fifth weekly flight to Vancouver
- BA to fly A380 to Washington
- Hotel check: Edition, London
Emirates starts daily Lisbon flights
Published: 09/07/2012 RSS
Emirates starts daily flights between Dubai and Lisbon today.
EK191 departs Dubai at 0915 and arrives in Lisbon Portela Airport at 1445. The return flight, EK192 departs Lisbon at 1755 and arrives in Dubai at 0435.
The service, operated on three-class B777-200ER aircraft, follows the launch of Barcelona services last week (click here).
Business class return fares booked through emirates.com are priced in the region of AED16,200-19,200 for travel this week.
Tim Clark, President, Emirates Airline, said Lisbon has been on its European wish-list for some time and it will be the only Middle East-based carrier operating into Portugal.
Through its Dubai hub, the airline serves many of the countries where Portuguese is heard including India, Angola, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Brazil and Hong Kong, gateway to the former Portuguese enclave of Macau. Portugal’s main exports are textiles, clothing, wood products, machinery, tools and electrical equipment.
The new service follows a trend of growing links between Portugal and the UAE. Portugal opened its embassy in the UAE in 2010 and the UAE reciprocated in Lisbon last year.
Last week, the airline announced it will fly to Adelaide, Lyon and Warsaw (click here).
For more information, visit emirates.com
Report by Dominic Ellis