More in News
- Does Thai Scandinavia have the best "premium economy"?
- Novotel to open at Wembley Stadium
- Eva Air and Singapore Airlines start codeshare
- KLM adds ultra-slim seats on Cityhopper fleet
- Air Canada orders 109 B737 Max aircraft
- BA increases Gold Executive Club benefits
- Lufthansa to launch premium economy next November
- Marriott to open its third Washington hotel
- Air France to add Tokyo Haneda route
- London's Balthazar launches private room
Singapore Airlines to temporarily close Heathrow lounge
Singapore Airlines has announced that its SilverKris lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 3 will be closed between June 18 and July 15 as it undergoes refurbishment.
Premium passengers and PPS Club and KrisFlyer Gold members will be accommodated in the No. 1 Lounge, also located in Terminal 3, on the second floor.
Upgrades to the lounge, which include a change in layout and new furniture, will be completed ahead of the carrier's adding of a fourth daily service on its Singapore-London route in October (see story here).
Several carriers have recently updated their lounge offerings, transforming them from being simple pit stops for premium passengers waiting for their flights to being a luxurious experience complete with perks such as spas, hair stylists and even a la carte restaurants.
To see what other carriers are doing, view our feature here, published in the Business Traveller Asia-Pacific May 2012 issue.
For more information, visit www.singaporeair.com