More in News
- Jet Airways plans Amsterdam switch
- Qantas extends Select on Q-Eat services
- Four new European routes at Cambridge airport
- Little Red’s transfer traffic disappoints
- Jetstar gears up for B787 launch
- Gatwick Express ‘veers towards Third World conditions’
- London Syon Park no longer a Waldorf Astoria hotel
- Ryanair reveals annual profits of £482 million
- City guides
- British Airways A380: What you need to know
Langham acquires The Observatory Hotel, Sydney
The Langham Hospitality Group has announced it has acquired the landmark Observatory Hotel in Sydney, with the property officially becoming part of the company’s portfolio on August 8.
The 100-room hotel, located near The Rocks and the central business district, will be the hotel group’s first venture in Australia's largest city.
The elegant Georgian-style property offers two food and beverage outlets – Globe Bar and Brasserie and Galileo – as well as a spa, indoor swimming pool and gym.
The hotel is currently branded under the Orient Expess Hotels offering, and according to a spokesperson of the hotel group, the property will be renamed, although details have yet to be released.
Furthermore, there will be no refurbishment before the group officially takes over, but there are “medium term plans to invest in the property to ensure it is positioned at the top of the market.”
For more information, visit www.langhamhotels.com