All-class rating 6.9
- Boarding 7.4
- Seat for sitting 6.7
- Seat for sleeping 4.9
- Service 7.0
- Entertainment 6.9
- Food & drink 6.4
- Punctuality 7.6
- Baggage 7.4
- Of course, your ratings vary widely for different classes. Choose one below for full details.
Confused about flying with Virgin Atlantic? Read our handy guide to flying with Virgin here
Virgin Atlantic (airline code VS) is a British airline founded in 1984 by Richard Branson.
Virgin Group owns 51 per cent of the airline, with the other 49 per cent having been sold to Singapore Airlines in 1999. Delta Airlines purchased the Singapore Airlines stake in December 2012 in order to form a transatlantic alliance. The two plan to be the main challenger to British Airways and its partner American Airlines on transatlantic routes from Heathrow.
Virgin Atlantic's main hubs are at London's Heathrow (LHR) and Gatwick (LGW) airports in the UK, but it also flies from Manchester (MAN) and, seasonally, from Glasgow (GLA).
The Virgin fleet is made up of Boeing 747 jumbo jets, Airbus A330-300s and the smaller A340-600 and A340-300. It has the Boeing 787 on order.
Virgin began domestic flights from London Heathrow to Manchester, Edinburgh and Aberdeen in 2013. These are operated on behalf of Virgin by Aer Lingus using narrow body Airbus A320 aircraft and are branded as Little Red.
Virgin Atlantic user reviews
I flew with Virgin Atlantic's Little Red service from LHR to EDI on Friday 23rd August... more
Both flights left early, very impressive, and landed early. Nice friendly crew and... more
Seat plans & best seats
The best seats vary according to the aircraft's seating plan. If you don't know which one you are looking for, enter your journey details on the left and we'll try and find it for you.