All-class rating 7.9
- Boarding 6.8
- Seat for sitting 7.9
- Seat for sleeping 7.3
- Service 8.3
- Entertainment 6.3
- Food & drink 7.6
- Punctuality 8.6
- Baggage 7.8
- Of course, your ratings vary widely for different classes. Choose one below for full details.
South African Airways (airline code SA) is South Africa's flag carrier, founded in 1934.
South African Airways is solely owned by the South African government.
South African Airways' two hubs are at Cape Town International airport and OR Tambo International airport (Johannesburg). To see where South African Airways flies, click here.
- For details of South African Airways' Voyager loyalty scheme, click here. South African Airways is a member of the Star Alliance.
- For South African Airways' Wikipedia page, including history, click here.
- To find out about the Inflight Entertainment System (IFE) on your South African Airways' flight, click here.
- For information on South African Airways' lounges click here.
- Winner of the Best African Airline at the Business Traveller Awards 2012.
- SAA displays all of its seat maps on its website, which can be viewed here.
To check fares visit flysaa.com
South African Airways user reviews
Overall, I found my experience as a traveler on South African Airways to be... more
I had an excellent experience with South African Airways when flying from London... more
Seat plans & best seats
The best seats vary according to the aircraft's seating plan. If you don't know which one you are looking for, enter your journey details on the left and we'll try and find it for you.