All-class rating 5.3
- Boarding 6.3
- Seat for sitting 4.9
- Seat for sleeping 2.0
- Service 5.9
- Entertainment 1.9
- Food & drink 4.6
- Punctuality 6.7
- Baggage 6.4
- Of course, your ratings vary widely for different classes. Choose one below for full details.
Jetstar (airline code JQ) is a budget airline set up in 2004 and based in Singapore and Melbourne. The brand comprises an Australian domestic operation which is wholly owned by Qantas and a separate intra-Asian carrier. The combined airline operates a fleet of 80 aircraft.
Jetstar's Australian operation is wholly owned by Qantas but is managed separately and operates independently and has its own headquarters in Melbourne. Jetstar's intra-Asian company, Jetstar Asia, is based in Singapore. The company is managed by Newstar Holdings, majority owned by Singapore company Westbrook Investments (51 per cent), with the Qantas Group holding the remaining 49 per cent of shares.
Jetstar has more than 15 Australian domestic routes plus it covers all the Asia Pacific countries, Taiwan, Japan and Hawaii. The airline took over the Singapore-Darwin-Melbourne route from Qantas in 2008.
To see where Jetstar flies, click here.
Jetstar has three economy fare classes, including one for passengers with hand luggage only. Its fleet is made up of 27 Airbus A320s and six Airbus A330s, the latter being fitted with a StarClass premium cabin.
Jetstar is a budget airline and food and drink, except in StarClass, must be purchased, as must headphones.
For Jetstar's Wikipedia page, click here.
For its Youtube page, click here.
To check fares visit jetstar.com
Jetstar user reviews
Jetstar operates up to 9 daily flights between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. This review... more
GeorgeTsang flew Jetstar
I flew Jetstar before which I would describe as no frills airline. All are acceptable.... more
Seat plans & best seats
The best seats vary according to the aircraft's seating plan. If you don't know which one you are looking for, enter your journey details on the left and we'll try and find it for you.